We are a member of the Helmholtz German Research Community, a leading association Europe-wide, focusing on “Environmental Health”.
The aim of our research is to proactively detect health risks for both humans and the environment, decoding the mechanisms of pathogenesis and developing concepts for prevention and therapy of diseases.
The institute of Lung Biology and Disease is looking for a
Postdoc in cancer research m/f (78/2009)
The goal is about developing a novel lung cancer therapy, the tasks include:
– culture of lung cancer cells
– establish a lung tumor Xenograft mouse model
– investigate drugs for lung carcinoma in a mouse model
– collaboration with research partners from Italy, England, Portugal, Spain and Germany
– Master degree in medicine, biology, veterinary medicine, zoology, virology, biochemistry or a related field
– Strong background in mouse cancer models
– Practical experience with molecular and cell biology
– Excellent skills with statistical analysing tools
– very good communication skills
– Working in an innovative, well- equipped and scientifically stimulating surrounding
– Further training opportunities and visits to partner groups
– Initial short-term employment contract for three years with a standard public service salary (TVöD)
The Helmholtz Zentrum München as holder of the Bavarian Advancement of Women Prize and of the Total E-Quality Certificate is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application via e-mail.
Dr. Furong Tian
phone: 0049 (0) 89 3187-2673
Helmholtz Center Munich
German Research Center for Environmental Health (GmbH)
Institute of Lung Biology and Disease
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1