We are a member of the Helmholtz German Research Community, a leading association Europe-wide, focusing on “Environmental Health”. The aim of our research is to proactively detect health risks for both humans and the environment, decoding the mechanisms of pathogenesis and developing concepts for prevention and therapy of diseases.
The Institute of Human Genetics is working on the identification of genetic dispositions for rare and common disorders and the characterization of functional consequences of mutations and variations. Techniques for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and function are available at the Institute.
The Institute invites applications for:
a PhD Student – Gene Identification (D01)
- Disease gene identification
- Copy number variations
- High-throughput sequencing
- Degree in Biology or Biochemistry
- Strong backgrouind in genetics
- Experiences in laboratory techniques
- Working in an innovative, well- equipped and scientifically stimulating surrounding
- Further training opportunities
- Initial short-term employment contract for three years and a standard public service salary (TVöD)
The Helmholtz Center Munich as holder of the Bavarian Advancement of Women Prize and of the Total E-Quality Certificate is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application online.
Dr. Tim M Strom
phone: 089 3187-3296
Helmholtz Center Munich
German Research Center for Environmental Health (GmbH)
Institute of Human Genetics
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
Related post: info beasiswa